FAQ – Resident Services

What is ReBuild?

REBUILD is a voluntary program offered by RHA to assist participants in setting and reaching short-term and long term goals to become self-sufficient. Participants work closely with a program coach and specialist who will provide direct services and assistance, service coordination and case management through two, eight-week sessions and beyond.

For more information, please contact:

The Resident Resource & Training Studio (RRTC)

330 15th Avenue

Rockford, Illinois 61104

Meggi Tibbetts (815) 489.8596



What is ROSS?

The purpose of the ROSS (Resident Opportunities for Self-Sufficiency) program is to work with our public housing residents to create individual work plans related to employment, education, and strategies to reduce and eliminate subsidy assistance. Our team of ROSS Case Managers will work closely with you to develop work plans to help you meet your individual goals and connect you with local agencies and services that provide additional supportive services and resources you may need to achieve success. These services may include:

  • Transportation
  • Childcare assistance
  • Supplemental Educational materials
  • And more

ROSS will also provide you with weekly job listings to connect you to local job opportunities and provide community service hour options for those required to complete mandatory community service hours.

For more information, please contact:

Catherine Owen (815) 489-8791


Ray Williams (815) 489-8643



What is FSS?

The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is a program offered by the RHA to help tenants achieve various goals to become financially independent. Interested parties will meet with a FSS Specialist to create an Individual Training and Service Plan to develop education, training and employment goals in order to become financially independent. The program allows for participants in the program that incur a rent increase due to earned income to establish a savings (or escrow) account that can be accessed at the end of the program with successful completion of goals.

For more information, please contact:

Elias Soria (815) 489-8579


Jessica Wernick (815) 489-8576


Monique Jones (815) 489-8591



As a senior or disabled resident what special services are available to me?

RHA offers specific services for residents of our high and low rise properties. We specialize in working with our residents in our high and low rises. Through case management or single services, your Resident Support Specialist will provide support during your time of need.

For more information, please contact:

Carandus Brown, North Main and Olesen Plaza

(815) 489-8528


Eunice Green, Park Terrace, Summit Green, Buckbee and Midvale

(815) 489-8630


Ashley Mead, Brewington Oaks and Jane Addams

(815) 489-8661


How do I know which program is best for me?

You may meet with any Resident Service Specialist who will help you assess which program is right for you.


What is Case Management?

Case Management

Case management is a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s and family’s comprehensive needs. Through case management, your Resident Services Specialist will provide constant support during your time of need. We will develop and implement an effective and efficient plan to help you achieve successful results. Managed services may include:

    • Aligning educational assessments and assistance
    • Coordination career/job assessments and job training
    • assistance in setting up medical appointments
    • arranging transportation
    • budgeting
    • housekeeping training

  • coordinating other service and network referrals.


What is Section 3?

Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 (Section 3) ensures that HUD-funded jobs training, and contracts are provided to local low-income residents, particularly those that reside in public housing, and businesses that substantially employ them.